Monday, December 29, 2008

My Birthday!

I turned 27 this year- woohoo, getting up there!  It was on a Monday and Zach's 1st day back at work from the long Christmas weekend so it was a little more low-pro than usual (no Morongo this year, snap!)  It was a beautiful sunny day so I decided to take the kids to the Irvine Spectrum and I spent the day meandering through the shops, having lunch and taking Noah and Sienna on the carousel (it was Sienna's first time on the actual horse!).  I decided on Outback for my birthday dinner and we invited family over for ice cream cake when we got home- basically the same deal we did for Zach's birthday.  So we get to Outback and it's a 45-60 minute wait!!  That plus the fact that Zach couldn't get his key out of the car wheel for some reason lead us to the pick up window to order to go!  It ended up working out perfect and we all got to enjoy our meal at our own pace at home.  I wasn't really expecting anything as far as a present this year aside from the usual flowers and card but Zach came out of nowhere with a surprise!!  When I saw the bag size I was thinking maybe it was this jogging arm band I had wanted but instead it was a....platinum diamond band!!!!!  I was beyond surprised and excited!!  Those of you who know the story of how my original wedding ring is now currently resting on the bottom of Lake Mead know I have been missing a "real" ring for a long time but this was the LAST thing I was expecting!  Wow, Zach really got me good!!

Hanging at Outback waiting to see if Zach can get his key out...am I a little dressed up for Outback Steakhouse?  Sure.  Do I care since it's my birthday??  NOPE!!

Me and my Sisi!

Carry out bag, ha!

Yum!

Diamonds are a girl's best friend!

Mint chip ice cream cake, my favorite!

Me and Noah digging in!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Wow- lots of updates!
December is crazy for you guys w/ Birthdays & Christmas, you should just go on a long vacation the whole month of December, ha! ha!
Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!
Congrats on the ring!

Anonymous said...

Happy very belated birthday!!!!

Jillonnie said...

Happy Birthday, I know a little late. I really like your ring that must have been a fun suprise.